Tuesday, July 21, 2015






       With another tug at his hat Teller stepped towards that upraised stone finger, favoring his right leg and cursing his reckless soul.
That he had not been kind to his body over the years was a colossal understatement, and that he was now suffering the consequences was certainly no surprise, for Teller was not a man who observed life, he absorbed it. He fought, drank and danced with it. He was a man of great appetite, and having partaken fully the banquet, was now paying dearly for his hunger.
    Thinking back to a song he had written for his Grandfather before he had died, Teller sang a prophetically appropriate line: “To sacrifice youth and replace it with truth seems an unfairly high price to pay.”
And so it seemed.
~
That was an excerpt from Book One: "The Fall"
I decided to drop this in this morning as I find it particularly poignant. I had a birthday earlier this month, and I am feeling every one of my years.
I would write more, but I'm late . . . it's time to go out into the world and take my daily beating.


No comments:

Post a Comment